Happy 2016! I seriously cannot believe we are starting another year! 2015 will be a year that will be hard to top as we bought a home, found out I was pregnant, watched my belly grow over 9 months and welcomed our little boy. It was definitely a year I won’t forget. That being said, I love the idea of a fresh start each year and look forward to what 2016 has to offer our family.
Today, I’m kicking things off by refreshing my living room space with Minted. Minted is an online marketplace connecting you with independent artists from all over the world. Minted sources it’s pieces through on-going art competitions.
Like I mentioned earlier, my husband and I bought a home late last year after living in an apartment for 5 years. Moving into a home has been so much fun and has given me an opportunity to make it mine. However when we moved, I was 7 months pregnant and didn’t have as much time to focus on the decorating part. For the New Year, I wanted to refresh our living room area. Here are a few tips if you want to update your living space without breaking the bank.
- A New Piece of Art. Starting with a beautiful piece of art work over the fireplace seemed to be a no brainer. I love the calmness of this print and the light colors that brighten up the area. It’s also large enough for our high ceilings and really makes a statement. This print gave me the inspiration I needed to pull together a few other updates to the area.
- Add Topiaries To Replace the Christmas Decor. Has anyone noticed after your take down your Christmas decor, the house looks oddly empty? I have! Especially my mantle. So this year, I immediately added these topiaries to fill in the extra space on my mantle. (Want to know a secret?! I actually bought the topiarie balls at Home Goods and then sat them on top of the pots I picked out! It’s way cheaper this way!)
- A Luxe Tray. Our coffee table received an update by eliminating the traditional coffee table books and replacing them with a gorgeous gold tray. I like how this minimizes the clutter on this table and keeps it looking neat.
- Cozy Up Your Living Room. A basket of throws and firewood cozy up the area as we head into the coldest months of the year. Well, here in Louisiana, let’s face it, they probably will not be that cold. 🙁
- Update Your Throw Pillows. While my dream furniture is white slip covered couches, I’m using what I have now and chose cream throw pillows to lighten the space and add texture and prints.
It’s really easy to update your home all starting with a fabulous piece of art! Today, I’m giving you the chance to win $150 credit to Minted to choose something that will update YOUR home!
Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope your 2016 is already off to a great start!
Btw, here is what the room looked like a few months ago!