There are presents to buy, gifts to wrap, parties and school concerts to attend and cookies to be baked. Let’s be real, I am worn out from just typing this. In today’s post I am sharing a few tips on how to stay focused this Christmas season.
Last year, George was a new born and I thought to myself, “man, I have this down,” as I whipped up a big Christmas day breakfast on Christmas Eve. Fast forward a year later and I really do not have this down! 🙂 George gets into everything and disrupts pretty much anything I try to get done these days. I have started making a game plan to survive December though!
- Make a list for gifts that need to be bought. This is pretty basic but you will be surprised at the little gifts that slip your mind. They may be for an aging aunt or your child’s teacher. A list is my way of insuring no one gets forgotten this Christmas.
- Plan your Christmas menu NOW! Chris and I started a tradition last year of keeping Christmas morning just for us and George. There is something special about waking up, drinking coffee in our Christmas pjs and eating a big breakfast while watching The Grinch and Charlie Brown’s Christmas. That big breakfast doesn’t just happen and I am already planning out my menu so I can have everything bought by that Wednesday before Christmas.
- Set aside a couple of hours of ME time. Hello, what mom doesn’t need this every single day, but it is even more important during the stress of the holidays. I plan on getting away this weekend at some point to a coffee shop and having a moment to myself,
- As the gifts arrive, wrap them. There is nothing worse than Christmas Eve arriving and nothing has been wrapped. I started this last year and it was so much fun to watch out tree fill up with presents through out the month of December!
- Plan a fun family holiday activity. There are so many things and events that clamor for our attention but the real beauty of this season is family. Take time to plan at least one holiday inspired activity that makes your laugh and gets you into the holiday spirit. George is still young this year, but we are planning on taking him one Saturday to see a life size gingerbread house at the Ritz in New Orleans. I think he is going to be in awe at all the lights and fun toys made out of icing! I would love to hear what events your area has!
So there you have it – how to stay focused during this Christmas season. What are your tips and tricks? Let me know in the comments below! Thanks so much for stopping by!