Happy Wednesday ya’ll and Happy 2018! I love the fresh start a new year brings. It seems to just be waiting for new goals and new dreams. Each year I try to take a moment to write down a few goals and to choose a word for the year. Last year my word was intentional. I really wanted to be intentional about everything I did and to go out of my way to challenge myself. Honestly, that word came to mind again and again through out the course of the year.
Little did I know what 2017 would bring. When we moved to New York, I really just wanted to retreat in my shell but I knew if I wanted to thrive in a new place and new environment I would have to be intentional. Putting myself out there allowed me to make friends a lot faster and fall in love with a new place. It wasn’t always easy, but I am glad that 2017 allowed me to grow in the area of being intentional about my lfe.
This year, the word that comes to mind is to be PRESENT. I want to be present in everything I am doing this year, being a wife, mother, blogger, teacher, and friend. It is easy to be sidetracked with a to do list, social media or things that are outside my control. I want to make it a point to be present and in the moment in each area of my life. When I need to be a blogger- do it and get it done without becoming distracted, when I need to be mommy, be all there for George and so on. Being present requires fighting each day against all the distractions that come against us, but this year more than ever I am committed to making it happen! What is YOUR word for 2018?
Setting resolutions is not my favorite thing, but I feel like it gives me something to aim for. This year, I am not even putting exercise on the list! That is the one goal that was on my list last year that I did not succeed in. 🙁 So here are a few goals that I have set for 2018. I like to break it up into the different areas of my life.
1. Marriage – moving to another place and Chris starting school was not as hard as it could have been but I also did not do a great job at really scheduling time for us. Toward the end of 2017, I found myself getting irritated and lonely. This year, I want to be more purposeful about setting aside 2 date nights a month, regardless if we actually go out or not. I want this time to be for us to talk and stay connected. I am brainstorming ideas for in home date nights! 🙂
2. Motherhood – last year I wanted to make sure I read to G every day. I think for the most part that happened. This year, I want to commit to working with him on various activities. With him talking more and more each day, I know how important singing can be in forming words. That is one activity I want to commit to more this 2018.
3. Blogging – last year I wanted to focus on my Pinterest and I was able to legerage Tailwind to do just that. I saw a significant increase in my pageviews and views on Pinterest. This year, I want to challenge myself to create more video content and more motherhood content. Video is definitely something that terrifies me, BUT I am determined to make it a part of Style Waltz this year.
4. Me – recently I started picking up books again and it has been such a good mental break in the evenings to unwind and get off my phone. I definitely want to continue that into 2018.
5. Health – I am not going to mention exercise, 🙂 but since turning 30 this past year I am more aware of incorporating something into my daily routine just to be healthy. I want to focus on being my healthiest self. If any of you have good work out videos or something that has worked for you send them my way!
6. Spriritual – last fall, I really made it a point to sit down first thing in the mornings to do my devotional time. George even knew that it was my time with Jesus. Whenever I mentioned I was going to make coffee, he would say, ‘momma Bible’. 🙂 I want to continue that discipline this year. It is amazing the peace and grace I have when I make it a priority in my life.
So there you have it! I would love to hear what you are striving for this year! Thanks as always for following along and your support!