Today I thought it would be fun to round up our favorite things to do in New Orleans this spring! The weather here gets so hot and humid in the summer that the spring months are really the prettiest here! Whether you are in town for the weekend or for a week long stay, there is always something fun for the entire family.
- Grab doughnuts and coffee at District: Donuts, Sliders and Brew. This is our favorite place to grab a sweet treat and head to our favorite park – Audubon, for a picnic! The park is filled with mossy oak trees, a nice playground for the little ones and a great jogging path. It is also next door to the zoo which is an added bonus! 🙂
- Go for steam boat cruise on the Mississippi River! I have not done this in years, but it is on my list for next month. George is intrigued with the big wa wa as he calls it and I know he will LOVE it! If you are looking for a date type atmosphere, then definitely give the dinner cruise a try.
- Grab a snowball at Hansen’s and stroll down Magazine Street. Hansen’s is definitely worth the wait! There is always a line out the door, but that is just because it is THAT good! My personal favorite is Satsuma with condensed milk. It is the perfect mix between tangy and sweet. Magazine street is my favorite spot in the city. It has a mixture of boutiques, antique shops and good eateries! When the weather is cool, it is the go to shopping spot for me.
- Enjoy a street car ride up St. Charles to enjoy all the gorgeous architecture. When the flowers and trees are in bloom, the street car is the way to see the city. It is relaxing, fun and personally one of my favorite things to do with friends!
- Visit a plantation. The Houma’s House plantation the perfect plantation to visit that is not too far outside the metro area. The gardens are stunning and definitely are something you will want to soak up and stroll through!
So there you have it my favorite things to do in New Orleans this spring. If you are visiting the city, let me know what you did and enjoyed. The best part of New Orleans is that you can always have a good time regardless of what you do. There is always good food on every corner, so make sure you try a little of everything!
Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you have a great week!
P.S. How cute is this light sweater from Envy Of All Boutique. It’s on sale for $15 right now!