We all know that when fall arrives those summer dresses need some fall essentials on top to keep us cozy. This is why having various fall essentials in your closet can come in handy and transform a summer outfit into a fall one. During NYFW, I was sent this dress by a fabulous company Kas New York. I knew the fabric was a bit thin and the temperatures a bit cool to wear it alone. When I paired this amazing tan cardigan with it, I was more than impressed at how it elevated the look. I actually love this look a whole lot more with the layers. Don’t get me wrong, the dress is equally as gorgeous by itself, but the fall essentials make it interesting. Today I thought I would round up my favorite fall essentials that every closet should have to get your thru this fall season.
1. Cozy Oversize Cardigan – This is one item that I have numerous favorites. I tend to buy neutral colors that are easy to mix and match with my dresses and jumpsuits. You can think along the lines of navy, tan, black and gray.
2. Sweater Vests – This one is a different take on the cardigan in that it is sleeveless. I love to layer my neutral one over my chambray dress. This is another piece where the options are endless.
3. Denim Vest – This is one item I do not own but really want to purchase. I love this piece over a pretty floral long sleeve maxi dress. You can also pair it with a pencil skirt and long sleeve turtle neck with booties for another fall outfit.
4. Denim Jacket – There is something all American about the denim jacket. The opportunities are endless when it comes to pairing this piece with your favorite summer items.
5. Cape/Poncho – I love the comfort and easy of throwing on a poncho with my favorite summer shorts. You can also pair it with your go to pencil skirt for a functional work look.
6. Fall Kimono – There are so many gorgeous colored fall kimonos out there that look so good paired over a jumpsuit or a knee length dress. I also love the lace kimonos to dress up a look instantly.
Do you have these fall essentials in your closet for this season? I tend to grab my sweater vest and cardigans a lot but want to incorporate the denim ones into my wardrobe. Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have a great Wednesday.